domingo, 16 de marzo de 2008

See Jane Lynch cook with Meryl Streep

Jane Lynch and Meryl Streep in a movie? Together? Everyone’s favorite lesbian scene-stealer Jane Lynch has signed to star opposite Meryl Streep in the new film Julie & Julia. Meryl will play the culinary legend Julia Child, and Jane will play her sister.

The film is based on the memoir (or, more accurately, blogoir) Julie & Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen by author/blogger Julie Powell. In 2002, Powell was working as a secretary and living in a run-down apartment in Queens. On a whim, she decided to try to make all 524 recipes in Child’s classic cookbook Mastering the Art of French Cooking in the span of a year. To chronicle her epic undertaking, she started a blog. Long story slightly shorter, the blog became a book and the book is now becoming a movie.

Jane said about Meryl: “(Meryl) hugged me, then she gave me a kiss and told me she was a huge fan of Best in Show. And you know, I didn’t expect that at all. I was prepared to bow at her feet, so for her to do that was just incredible. And she held my hand while we talked. I remember watching Sophie’s Choice in graduate school and being just devastated by her, by that kind of acting. So for her to do that — to me? It was a huge moment for me. It was almost too incredible.”
Source: AfterEllen

1 comentario:

  1. me encanta esta señora soy su fans numero 2 la numero 1 sera su madre jejejej

    ResponderEliminar